Websites have become an integral part of digital marketing. The UX design focuses on customer experience. It is one of the most powerful tools that help businesses become successful and competitive. It plays a crucial role in brand awareness and recall and acts as a salesman who is available round the clock, 365 days a year. Web designers need to understand the nitty-gritty of designing websites that enable a superior user experience. This means they should be able to identify gaps and challenges faced by visitors to the website.
Website designing is similar to watching a movie. Movie producers aim to make viewers enjoy what they see and want viewers to watch it till the end. Similarly, web designers want visitors to stay glued to web pages. Good websites have the ability to leave long-lasting impressions on existing and potential customers. Start-up companies and small and medium-size enterprises have started to focus on improving the website user experience. This makes businesses reach out to customers and interact personally.
There are several factors involved in creating a good website, keeping in mind user experience. Some of them are as follows:
- Optimise page speed – Web pages that take too long to load can frustrate the user. Internet users’ attention spans are limited to a few seconds. Slow pages interrupt user experience and increases the bounce rate. Internet marketing agencies make it a point to improve page speed and take extra caution while using different elements on the page.
- Use identifiable visual cues – Web pages with links want users to click on them for more information. Hyperlinks should draw user attention. This can be done with the help of different colours, fonts and underlined text.
- Apply bullet points for key text – Online content written using bullet points are always easy to read and comprehend. It makes information attractive. It helps customers identify key data without getting lost on the page. Bullets can be creatively represented, making it easy to read.
- Introduce images – Websites that use photos look attractive. There are several websites that use images from the photo library. This can become common as the online seeker would have seen those images many times while surfing the web. Use of images should be unique, so that visitors can see something new. SEO companies in India encourage the use of doodles and other illustrations to make a website unique.
- Include well-designed headings – Heading content should match what online seekers are searching for. Search engines consider headings to be important compared to other content. Using keywords in headings increases page rank and makes it easy for users to glance through the written text.
- Use mobile-friendly websites – Search engines give better rakings to websites that are mobile friendly. There are several users who prefer to access websites on their mobile phones. Web pages taking a long time to load on mobile phones can dissuade customers from accessing it again.
- Include navigation bars – The navigation bar acts as the control point of a web page. It is like the GPS that makes things clear and easy to explore. Using the logo as home base makes visitors come back to the home page without going astray on the website.
- Incorporate social media links – Social media is one such place where customers can interact with others and get more insights about the product/service. It reinforces credibility in the minds of potential customers.
Apart from these pointers, customer surveys, user interviews, language capabilities and old-fashioned testing techniques also help to create good user experience. Qualitative feedback helps web designers improve their designing skills.